Friday, August 03, 2007

You know your in the south when:

Today, my boss asked me to accompany her to a place to pick up some 'tiles' for her upcoming group. Tiles you put on the floor of bathrooms, kitchens etc, are nice an in the food business we can use for displays of food to bring it up a notch. So, she had called a place and the man said, I have a warehouse full of tiles an gave us the address.

We pull up an it is at the end of dead end, down a little dirt road to a trailer, which is his "warehouse" in front of his house, which has a truck with the hood up, a shack, two more cars without plates and looked like did not work. Also, was a little pile of wood that it looked like was ready for the barn fire to begin at any moment. To say the least, we were a bit nervous, then he comes up the hill from his house which you can not see, and he was so pleasant an nice. The tiles were under the trailer not even in it. We got a great deal, my point is not up north will you find this, when people say warehouse they usually mean a structure of solid walls.

I was laughing so hard, it is such a southern thing to see this, an being a snob from the North, I had to mention the set up. This man, had a beautiful house in the woods it was just what you first see that makes me laugh.

No comments: