Thursday, August 02, 2007

How very sad about the bridge collapsing last night in Minneapolis. They said, this morning on the news there are at least 20 cars in the Mississippi River an they expect more causalities. My heart goes out to the families looking for their loved ones. When you drive into work everyday do you think about the bridges you might be traveling over and if they are safe?

I do not usually but of course, today I did and I pass over 3 an none over water, all over other highway, I am not sure which scares me more if it was over water or the highway because more people could be hurt that way. Also, it makes me realize how short life is and that I really need to be closer to my family. I miss my mom more than anything, I am not a momma's girl but she was/is always there for me and I want to be able to go over for dinner or a glass of wine and participate in all family functions. I have missed out on so much in the last 2 years.

My friends have moved on to other friends (rightly so) so when I see them I feel like a third wheel who they feel obligated to see when I am in town. Some call me once in awhile but that is about it. I know when my friend Thomas was in Texas he felt left out of our lives. He used to call and sometimes I would be so busy I could not talk, how bad is that? You do not realize how disconnected you feel being so far away from people for extended periods of time. My husband an I are now making a real effort to try to move back to New England. Not Connecticut still way too expensive, but now looking at New Hampshire, Maine and part of Mass. I realize Mass is just as expensive as CT, an I would prefer to live in New Hampshire an if need be commute to Mass for work. It is hard not to get my hopes up in this regards, because our Head Hunter seems so positive (which is a good thing), I am just for now not telling my family or friends do not want to get anyone's hopes up and then it doesnt' happen. I keep thinking it would be great to be home for Christmas for good, instead of having to leave Christmas Day to come back to North Carolina.

I love where we live now, an North Carolina has a lot to offer people but it is not home to me, New England is home. This Yankee needs to be back in the North.

No comments: