Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, it is almost here Halloween, my husband and I are finally in a neighborhood and not an apartment so we are buying candy, excited for the prospect of little children knocking at our door and saying, "Trick or Treat". Do you remember being so young and loving Halloween sometimes even better than Christmas?

My favorite costume was a Gypsy. It was early 70's and my mom would put make up on me,scarves in bright color around my head, gold earrings and flowing skirt. I loved this outfit, I was a Gypsy from 1972-1976 when I thought I was too old an mature at the ripe ole age of 12. Little did I realize decades later I would crave to dress up and go out. Last year, I did not dress up because we had just moved to Charlotte and knew no one or anywhere to go. The year before I went out with a Blonde Wig and a tight dress, I think it was a cross between a Harlot and Hooker, I think the Hooker won, not my best. The year before that was one of the funniest, I went as a Dead Prom Queen (of course to wear a Tiara), my friend Tom went dressed as a woman, we went to Stash's in New London to see our favorite band, "SugarDaddy" and had a great time.

Even today, I get that feeling of excitement building as Halloween approaches, I will be dressing as a Gypsy this year to hand out candy and can not wait, it is wonderful to watch children have so much fun and remember my own childhood and for a little while relive it all over again. Everyone have a Great Halloween, don't forget the Charlie Brown, "GREAT PUMPKIN" on tonight at 8pm to start the season...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh we are, are we?