Sunday, October 22, 2006

Well it is 3am and for some reason I can not sleep. Today, was the first time in a month my husband and I had a Saturday together, so we went to the Lexington BBQ, which is huge here. Besides the BBQ being amazing my favorite pastime is people watching.

First we walked through the whole festival and saw all the different stages and bands, there was the Cajun Band, Original Band, Folk Band, Jimmy Buffet cover band and the one near the only Beer tent Rock band guess which one we saw? Yes, the Rock band, once we were in the beer tent drinking "festival beer", we noticed this older gentleman dancing it was so funny, he was so into the music and once the crowd was watching him and hooting and hollering for him it was even funnier. He had a scraggly beard, about "60", black hat, black leather coat, 1980 white jeans and so many people around us were taking pictures of him. I did notice that the Mullet is making a comeback or it could be because of where we were. It was a good day, after that we came home and rented the Adam Sandler film "CLICK", and "Mighty Wind".

Click is a great movie, if you have not seen it rent it, such a funny and touching movie, I love Adam Sandler, Spanglish is another great movie with him. The family movies with a meaning are incredible. We love Christopher Guest movies and have seen Mighty Wind before, I will admit I have not seen his Spinal Tap movie, and finally told my husband so I am sure we will be renting that next time.

Tomorrow or today we are going to take a long drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway the colors of the leaves are so vibrant and beautiful and now that we live so much closer why not? I noticed my sweet husband has already bought picnic stuff so I guess we are going to be using our picnic basket we got for our wedding. We only did that a few times up North, but down here quite alot. Our last picnic was at Lake Norman State Park, in August. The tempature has dropped quite alot today, and I do admit I love the Autumn time, it is great to wear big comfy sweaters, and smell the crisp air, I am looking forward to the drive tomorrow or later today really. I am going to sign off now.

No comments: