Thursday, October 16, 2008

Started packing today, it is amazing how much "stuff" you accumulate over time. When we left CT in 2005 we only had 1/4 of a truck load, now we have to rent a huge truck from U-haul and then a 10 x 20 storage unit to hold it all.

If we get a job in the South then we have to come back to Maine to get our stuff and again get on the road, part of me wishes we could get rid of it all, but I know then when we do finally land somewhere, we will need it all and not have the money to replace it.

I do feel a bit liberated in a way for not having a home base. I really want to stay in New England near my family and friends but need to find work, and I have to go where there is work. If you think about it, and go back to the early 1800's people went whereever works was, they would leave their home country's and make a new life. It is alot easier now to communicate then back then but it is still amazing to me.

I am rereading Gone with the Wind again if you are wondering where that is coming from.

No comments: