Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 19 of the job search - Well, when I talked to the unemployment office on Friday, it went well, still not sure if I am receiving money or not, the husband thinks it was just because it is Maine and I have never applied before in my life. I have already started on the second sheet they give you for applying for jobs, your job search record, the unemployment guy did mention people that are really looking will have a few sheets.

We have made a decision, we are packing up our belongings and putting them in storage, pre-paid for 3 months and then hitting the road. We are going to stay at my mom's for a few weeks, and look for work there, and then go down to CT for a few days, and stay at my dad's he is in Hilton Head, and then go out to Wisconsin for his sisters wedding, and then to Illnois to visit his family. I have applied for a few positions out in Illnois, maybe I can get and interview. Then come back to the East Coast and go to Hilton Head, while my dad is up in CT for the holidays and see if there is any positions in this area, Virginia and Maryland too.

I am so scared, never in my life have I had no place to live and actually looking all over for work, in the hospitality world you never know when the right job will come along and where. The husband is so excited, I myself am scared, of course, the traveling is contigent on if I get a position before we travel. We do have to go out to Wisconsin for his sisters wedding the week of Thanksgiving. We did not buy plane tickets too expensive we are driving. Some of our guest rooms are already paid for, so that is a good thing.

Maybe we will see you on the road.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

And you know you can stay here too. Excited to see you!