Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 28- No job...

Today, I have been applying for positions all over the place and nothing is breaking. I so enjoy the rejection letters/emails, most say, I have the experience, but have gone another way. I realize these are standard letters but it still hurts. It really is a full time job looking for the right position.

I did ask myself last night, where do I want to be? I keep saying New England, but really what is here for me? I really do not want the South unless it is Key West,FL. I did find the most perfect job for myself but to be honest, they would have to give me a chance. It is for a Marriott and Conference Center in Lancaster, PA, it is brand new and 300 rooms opening in Spring 2009. It would be a perfect fit, working on and opening and putting into place the Standard and Procedures, it would be so much work, but I truly believe it would be worth it.

Lancaster is a nice area, and I believe in Marriott's and love a challenge of getting in on the ground floor and making it a success. I like the feeling of working toward something big, I know it would be my first Director position, so they may not give me a chance, but I can always dream. Even if they do not want to put me on the payroll until January for the right job I would hold off, and then look to relocate. The husband is willing to go anywhere I get a job the only 2 places off limits is NYC and Connecticut.

I did apply for a few jobs out in Chicago, and that would be closer to his family, but I am a momma's girl and closer to New England would be a better fit for me.

No comments: