Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Day 14 of the out of work blues. Actually, as of today, I am just upset that I have only had (2) companies call for interviews and I have sent out my resumes all over the United States.

I know one problem was I was too honest about needing a relocation package, which I have stopped doing, and the other is the economy. Hospitality is not a need,so it is not surprising the hotel business is taking a downturn in hiring people. I have even thought outside the box and looked outside hotels, still doing planning but not centering on weddings more on meetings.

I should of watched the debate last night, but most of the time, I think all politicians are liars, and say what we want to hear, but the real test if they follow through and do what they are saying on the campaign trail. This presidential race is definitely and interesting one, either party is going to have a first. My husband is out networking his business, and I have decided to stay home and work on my book. I have done a little more typing and going to have him start editing it.

Hope all is well with everyone out there.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hope the hunt doesn't last too much longer and you never know, maybe you two will end up back in the Midwest?! :)

Paula said...

I have suggested it, but you know the husband does not want to be too close to his mother. I have applied to a few places in Illnois and Wisconsin, we will see.