Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Living on a Penisula:
On Sunday, I was leaving my house in the rain to go to Brunswick, to shop at TJMAXX, my husband was in Chicago and I did not want to stay in the house all alone, all day long.Especially since the power went out at 10am and I had no idea when it would be back on. On 209, we had to detour up and around through the backroads of Phippisburg. No one had power, I found out that some little car hit a telephone pole and it was across the road, which was why there was a detour, luckily there is one, since it is a penisula so even though it is 12 miles, it takes at least 30 minutes, with the twist, turns and the speed limit going up and down.

I remember being in a car in 1997, with a drunk man who hit a telephone pole it cost him $900.00 for the pole, so I wonder how much they are now,do you still have to pay for it I wonder.

I shopped and got chinese and then came home around 1pm, and no power until 4pm, which was not so bad except due to the rain it was a little dark and dreary to read and such. On Monday, I met up with my mom and we had a girlie day, pedicure and manicure, shopping at Target and then lunch it was so much fun. I will see my mom again this Sunday, for lunch/brunch with our spouses, I love hanging out with my mom she really is my best friend. I am looking forward to the family coming up to Maine over Memorial day weekend, we are having a picnic at our house, and they are all staying at the Resort. They have not all seen it, or if they have not when it is open, so I am looking forward to showing it to them.

The resort opened this weekend and it was a success. The clients loved it and want to already re-book for next year, YEAH!!! A TV show the Chronicle came up from Boston, this week and we will be featured, so look out for it.

No comments: