Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Afternoon readers. This weekend was quite stressful for me. My family arrived on Saturday at the resort, and even though I was at work, they kept coming into my office for things. I really do not mind, even though it sounds like I am complaining, it is just so nerve racking for me. I always feel I am inferior to my sisters and their lives, and this was the 1st time they have ever come to the hotel I work at, and everyone came.

My oldest sister is the center, she has a great marriage, 2 wonderful kids 20 and 18 and a good job selling mortgages, so she can pick her schedule. Her husband and she have been married for 21 years. I still can remember their wedding, I was in my 2nd year of college, and from the beginning you could see the love they have for each other, and what they want their lives to be for themselves. Lynne has so many friends, and even though she loves our family, her friends are more family for her, and then we are or ever will be. She moved away from Norwich, CT her first year of college and never came home again.

My other sister Gwynne, her and Lynne are 1 year apart, and have always been close, which has always made me jealous. Gwynne is divorces and has two children a 13 year old girl, who is going through the lovely signs of puberty, and then a 10 year old boy who is so smart it is scary sometimes. He has his own monologue and rules inside his head, and they might not agree with anyone else’s rules. He took a golf cart for a ride by himself, and when I questioned him and tried not to yell, he said, “The keys were in it.” That was his explanation, it was embarrassing when my bosses had to come up to me and tell me what my nephew did. He really is a loving kid, he just needs rules and chores and he is happy.

At the picnic on Sunday, my husband gave him a chore and it kept him busy all afternoon, my nephew loves little kids, he played with his cousins 2 and 4 years of age most of the afternoon. My brother felt left out; because my sisters did not include him in anything they were doing on Sunday morning. I felt so bad for him, we of course invited him over but he wanted to go to the beach.



My lips have blown up, it is so disgusting, when I get stressed my body reacts by having my lips have big a** sores on them to make them even more attractive. This has happened to me so many times over the years, but it is mainly when I am with family that brings them out lately.

Even planning and helping with weddings does not stress me out like my family. I know it is because I feel as if I am 12 years old, and my older sisters will not let me participate in their lives, and the fact I am 30lbs overweight and they are so thin and beautiful and I am the fat sister.

Sunday night, after it was just my sisters and my older niece, at the fire pit those 2 hours was the best of the whole day. We had music on, and were dancing and laughing. Lynne made a comment in our family none of us take ourselves too seriously, we laugh at ourselves, why not? In our family, someone will call you out on it, so why not start it yourself?

How was your Memorial Day weekend?

No comments: