Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do you ever feel disconnected? I admit I stress out when I can not please a client, and feel as if my clients think I am not thinking of them. I am working for a client now, and do understand their frustration with not being able to give them a answer right away.

It is hard to give them a answer when the people I need to talk to are out for two days, which they should be, I admit when I am home, if my phone rings from work, I stress out even before I answer it to find out what is wrong. Everyone deserves their time off from work, and clients have to know this is true.

My one issue with my new property is there is no SOP’s, which are Standard Operating Procedures in place for Sales. What we can sell, what are the black out dates, what are maximums are for guest rooms. I know it is all about revenue we are a business, but if I am getting different people telling me to book, then when I do giving my clients are hard time, it makes me look like I lied to them and I never do that, I am very honest, sometimes too honest and the clients get a bit scared.

Prime example, when I ask people during their wedding if there is a problem whom do I talk to? I do not mean that something is going to go wrong, I just want an in case number and person. It can be as simple as we are running a few minutes late, how do you want to handle it to make up the time? Or as elaborate as your Uncle so and so is drunk, and we are shutting him off, want you to be aware. I am being proactive so the day of your wedding we are not running to the bride and groom, I want you to enjoy your day.

Sometimes it is obvious on whom that person is, while other times it is not so obvious. I get angry with work, but not at one person, it is just the business, but my biggest anger factor is I hate to look like an idiot and even as a sales person, I think the client has every right to know everything up front so they can make an informed decision on if they want to book here or not.

I tell every bride, you will like and dislike something from every property, no place is perfect, it is what can you live with and what can’t you live with. Guest rooms seems to be the biggest concern for brides and no matter how many times you explain to them, your guests are adults they will make their own arrangements, you do not have to be so specific, they want to 2nd guess myself and their own friends and family.

When I got married I blocked 7 rooms and let me guest call and make their own arrangements and some upgraded and it didn’t matter, it worked out for the hotel and the wedding, why stress myself on the rooms, I have other things to worry about then where are my guests staying? As long, as there are enough rooms on property or near it, they are adults and can take care of it themselves and if they do not read my save the date information on when they have to book by that is their own fault.

Brides are stressed enough, why add to it?

No comments: