Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It was a beautiful weekend here in Maine. On Sunday, my husband and I did our grocery shopping for the week, which may not sound all that exciting to most people, but for us, we enjoy planning our meals for the week and picking new recipes for him to try ( I DO NOT COOK), and then shopping together.

I am sure people make fun of us at the store, we look excited walking in, and have our clipboard, calculator and coupons and hit the store running. This weeks special meal was seafood in a puff pastry, shrimp, oysters, scallops in a lobster sauce. Due to fish has to be fresh we always plan our fish meals on Sunday or Monday, so nothing smells or goes bad. The husband was not used to cooking with phyllo dough but he did a great job and it was delicous, unfortunately on Monday morning I woke up sick so my taste buds were off. He did a wonderful job of taking care of me on Monday. It was so beautiful out I felt guilty for getting sick.

On Sunday afternoon, we went to brunch at Blintiff's and while we were at the Brunch,
They had a kid talent show, the first girl was wonderful, and then after that it went down hill. I was amazed at the parents pushing their children into it, and some not having any talent. It was a lot of fun, and I kept my mouth shut, which is hard for me, but no need to make fun of children, when I really blame the parents.

No comments: