Thursday, April 24, 2008

It is 70' today and sunny. The resort is being spruced up for the season we open for our first group in 1 week, and I am so excited, since the long winter, it looks like the spring and summer could be amazing up here on the coast of Maine.

We are spring cleaning and all the buildings are open, and letting the fresh air in, the golf course is coming along, and the boats go in the water in May. I love seeing the boats on the water, and the pool all clean and operational. My ideal would be to work here until the end of my career, because once I have gone through a winter and watching it come back to life, it is so exciting.

We are looking at houses, not that we can buy for atleast 2 years, but I love to look, my ideal would be either in Freeport, or Brunswick, closer to a town, being on the penisula is quiet but in the winter, it would be nice to in town. Freeport is really out of our price range, but you never know what will happen in 2 years. My husband's business could take off even bigger.

I was watching Maria Shriver last night in and interview, and she admitted when she stopped working she kind of lost her identity. I can so relate to that, as I have stated my career seems to be my identity these days, for bad or worse. She has written a book, which I do want to read, because I am sure there are so many people out there, this has happened to, and no one talks about it.

As, I was upset this week, I decided to start booking our hotel rooms, car rental for our trip out to Illnois and Wisconsin to take place during Thanksgiving week this year, it amazes me the price of airline tickets during this time period, at the moment we are looking to fly into Milwaukee and spend a day in Madison, go down to Rockford ILL, for Wednesday and Thursday(Thanksgiving) then drive to LaCrosee, WI for Friday and Saturday ( Wedding of sis in law) and then fly out on Sunday afternoon, so we have 1 day before we have to be back to work which happens to be my husband's birthday.

It is a quick trip, but none the less, I am looking forward to it very much. Once we buy the airline tickets, I will start planning our March 2009 trip to London, England. I love planning our trips, to get the best deals and to find hidden treasurers and surprise my husband. He is so sweet to let me do all the planning, he believes in my ability to find things we both will enjoy doing, and being the food snobs the perfect restaurants.

Where is your next trip and what special treats did you book? or Find?

No comments: