Friday, April 18, 2008

It has been a very long winter here on the Coast of Maine. We have had a few days of spring, but still with a chill. On Monday, the husband and I went for a picnic on the Beach at Hermit Island. As long as we sat on the blanket the wind blew above us we could pretend it was really spring.

This morning I woke up to "Woody Woodpecker" on our house, and birds above singing, when I stepped outside, I did not need a coat at 7:30am this morning it was 42' no wind!! I love Spring!! Living in North Carolina the last few years, Spring was barely a blip. It was already 75' in March last year, so being up here I remember loving the season changes. I know Spring Officially started March 21, but for us up here not until today. Things are turning Green, and the resort opens in 13 more days, for our first group.

I love coming to work and seeing more than the 7 people who made up the winter staff, the grounds department working on getting everything pretty, the housekeepers airing out the guest rooms and opening everything. I am especially looking forward to the Restaurant the Pilot House opening for the Season. We have a wonderful new chef Sebastian Carosi, I look forward to having his vision carried out in the restaurant. He is the first chef since Chef Guillaume Burloin that I worked with, that I am actually excited about, and I worked with Chef Burloin over 10 years ago, so even though I have been in the business all that time, I am really happy about Chef Carosi.

My husband is going to the SOBE conference in Chicago on May 1, and he has not stopped talking about it, I am happy for him, but a bit jealous that I can not make the trip this year out to Chicago but it is the first weekend we are open here at the Resort. I am going to Boston for 1 night with my best girlfriend, we are meeting half way for both of us. We will do girlie things, window shop, laugh, eat drink and be merry.

Happy Spring Everyone!!

No comments: