Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you still believe in Santa Claus? I remember how wonderfu it was when my mom would take us all dressed up to sit on Santa's lap. As a child, it was the biggest thrill of the whole year, to get to tell Santa in person what you wanted for Christmas. I did try to figure out why there were so many Santa's in different stores, mom always said," They are Santa's helpers and they tell him what you are asking for, he really can not be everywhere can he? It is Christmas time and he is busy working."

As we get older and our beliefs are shattered, to me it is sad, because for me Christmas was more special when I would try to stay awake to hear Santa and leave out the Cookies. My husband and I may never have children but we still act like children on Christmas morning. We wake up open our stockings (my family tradition) and relax before we open presents and then this year we will be visiting family. Last year, after I hit a deer on Christmas Eve, we had to drive back on Christmas day to North Carolina, it stunk. The only high point is when we hit PA it actually started to snow for a few minutes.

I do still believe in the Magic of Christmas, and the little girl in me will always believe in Santa Claus- it doesn't cost anything to keep your dreams alive now does it? Santa, I do believe in you even if I can't see or touch you, I can't do that with love, friendship either but I truly believe in them too.

So Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.

No comments: