Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Work has been a bit much lately, myself and the Director of Rooms,we get along for a day or two then he does something to tick me off. Which means he offends my group in some way, because he feels he has the right.

He should ask me first before going off half cocked without knowing what agreement I made with my vendors/clients. Example, this past weekend we had a wonderful wedding, they had hired and outside company to come in and decorate and bring in own tables, chairs, linens, china etc., and the decorators informed me on Sat. PM that the rental company can not pick up until Tuesday. Due to the fact, there was nothing in that room until Thursday, I agreed, well Mr. Director, had a fit. He wanted to charge them, and even made a stupid comment, " If they ever want to work here again, they have to abide by our rules." EXCUSE ME!! We are struggling a bit for business, and you want to offend a group that can reccommend us to the high end, cleintele that we are trying to attract.

I get mad a myself for backing down, because I am sick of fighting with him, if this was a romantic relationship, I would have broke it off a long time ago, but this is business, and I have to decide which battles to fight and which ones can go by the wayside?

Do you have someone in your work place who thinks he/she is smarter than they think? Or thinks has more power than they do? I have heard from a few people that this person will be the downfall of this property, I do believe that, because he is sometimes so abrupt with the guests. He wants to make sure they go by his rules, or what he perceives are the rules. He has told some of my wedding tours, that no rooms during July/August, hate to break it to him, we would never have sold out the few times we did this summer if it wasn't for my wedding groups. ALso, I have a way of saying so no one is offended before I even tour them.

I do keep a running grievance list against him, not that I would use it, but it makes me feel better and I get my aggravation out on him. He made another comment about a "real hotel" excuse me aren't we real? Also, how would you know, I am not sure any "real hotel" would put up with your bullshit....It has been 2 days and I am still so angry at him.

Just to make it better, the rental company came on Monday Morning and had everything gone by 11am and shocker he was not here and no one has touched that room today to get it ready for Thursday so what was the big deal? Just a question...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that creep still working there? No wonder they had to let everyone who knew anything about running a hotel go....