Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We are now on day 7 of my being laid off. What do I do with my time? I am on the computer when the Husband is not working on his business and I apply for positions all over the country.

I really want to stay on the Coast of Maine, but there is not alot of work. I am writing my wedding book, to put on line, and that keeps me busy. My husband and I are in the house all day, but we barely talk, he is working on his own business, trying to stay positive for me.

I feel like a loser, I have never lost a job before, so there are alot of emotions. I am at a cross roads in my life, and have actually applied for positions outside of the hotel industry. When you have been cast aside so easily, it makes you second guess your decisions up to this point. My husband has been so wonderful, and it was because of me we are on the Coast of Maine, I wanted to move back to New England, and now look at us?

I am a bit angry, but that is a worthless emotion it was downsizing, and business nothing personal. My head knows all this, but my heart is crushed.

I will keep you up to date on my progress looking for my next career path.

No comments: