Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do you remember? 9/11/01 - Where were you when you heard? What has changed in the 7 years since the attacks?

I am appalled that people forget so easily, how about the families who were affected directly? Or the Friends in directly?

I will never forget that day, and the two men who were with me at the time, my roommate Thomas and my boyfriend Seth are both gone now, but in my heart and head I will always think of both of them. Thomas calling me at work, crying that I have to come home, he can not be alone. Seth, working at the local airport calling me and telling me what is coming across the towers and the National Guard.

My birthday is September 12, so the next night Seth took me out for my birthday, it was so somber, really no reason to celebrate, will never forget what our country is fighting for, our freedom..

NY DAILY NEWS:

Seven years after that terrible morning when terrorists in hijacked airliners struck, construction has overtaken the sacred site where the twin towers once stood.

So it was with especially heavy steps that the grieving relatives, cops and firefighters ventured down Thursday into the bowels of Ground Zero to leave white, pink and red roses on the footprints of the fallen World Trace Center buildings.

Some, their faces glazed with tears, fell to their knees and prayed. Others sobbed silently and leaned on each other for support. Still others looked around and stored away the memories, knowing this could be the last time.

"I wouldn't know where else to go," said Brian Blanco, who escaped from the south tower on 9/11, and who stood near the abyss in Zuccotti Park.

No comments: