Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 4 of new job... Interesting!! I have never worked in a seasonal property before, so my first Saturday was so boring. No walk ins and no phone calls. I did paperwork just trying to get things into the system from 2006 to get accurate reports.

Right now, it has been quite boring but at least I had a few inquires through the internet. I am just so bored! I hate starting a new job.

HALLOWEEN IS WEDNESDAY!! Do you remember how much fun it was when we were kids? I can remember it being really cold or rather warm, if it was cold you would have to wear a coat over your costume which of course, I hated, but if it was warm it was amazing. No matter what it was fun, I grew up on Yantic Lane in Norwich, CT anyone from there can tell you, alot of candy to be had then, this would be 1970's when parents left us alone to go out and collect our candy.

The only rule, no eating any fruit that might have been given to you, the rumor was there could be a razor blade in it. Compared to what is going on this world today, that does not seem to much. In the New London Day today, the police are recommending parents go on line to see who is a registered sex offender in your neighborhood. How sad are our times, that something that was so much fun for kids, has to be so monitored now? We all thought the no eating the fruit was bad, except we really only wanted the candy anyway so why would someone give you fruit? They ran out of candy or how no intention of participating except when little kids kept ringing their bell?

I know alot of times now kids don't even go door to door, they go to an organized event, in a mall, firehouse safe havens as you might say. I know in my last neighborhood we lived in, the first wave of kids were from the neighborhood, then you would see vans letting off inner city kids so they could/would have a safe environment, no one seemed to mind, I thought it was great. I love to see the kids having fun, this year, in the middle of nowhere in Maine we won't get anyone but it is OK. I still enjoy the holiday and my memories.

No comments: