Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I am in Maine now. It was a LONG Drive up from North Carolina. You would think with (3) people, but I realized that my mom can not see very well at night so she did not drive at all on Friday night. Then on Saturday, she made myself an her husband nervous, so pretty much it was he an I doing all of th driving. Some of the highlights were he hit a Bob cat that ran into the highway in Virginia about midnight on Friday night. Which made me a nervous wreck. My mother's stomach was bothering her the whole ride on Friday another loving aspect of the ride NOT PRETTY. Luckily, her husband has lost all sense of his smell, I unfortunately did not so the windows were wide open at 1am.

We got in late on Saturday night, on Sunday morning it was a beautiful Autumn day, so we went out on his 1957 Wooden Century boat, along with about 10 other wooden boats between 1956-1964, it was quite interesting. It was alot of fun, the boats were beautiful an the people were so enjoying themselves. The boats all have to be out by October 15, 2007 so for them it was a great way to end the season. I was suppose to be looking for a place to live but this was so much better.

I started my job on Monday. I hate beginning a new position, you have to watch an observe the dynamics of your new co-workers an how they intermingle with each other and the guests. I am staying on the property, which closes October 20, 2007 for the season an will reopen around May 14, 2008. It is a seasonal property on the coast of Maine. One building actually from the outside looks like the Inn from 'the shining' an how quiet it is here at night is kind of creeping me out. My husband will not be here for about 13 more days. I sit in my hotel room an do nothing. Tomorrow I am off, so I will do some exploring and have some appointments to see places to move into. I hope we find a place ASAP, so we do not have to get a storage shed and another truck once he is up here.

It is hunting season, something new to me. Hearing alot of gun shots, is always a great way to start my day, as I sit outside an watch the sun rise over the ocean, it just makes my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose a bobcat is better than a deer. I can't wait to see the damage. Who is gonna pay for that, by the way??