Saturday, October 27, 2007

It has been 2 months since Thomas died and I am still having such a hard time accepting it as a fact. I have a wonderful picture of him, Claudette and myself at the Lighthouse Inn on New Years Day Brunch. Sad to remember that Thomas and Seth (who took the picture) are both gone. That New Years Day, we were so tired, not from partying but from working the night before at the FloodTide in Mystic, I believe we did have a bottle or two of Champagne but mostly we were exhausted. Anyone who has worked in a busy restaurant on New Years Eve knows exactly what I am talking about, so we treated ourselves to brunch around 1pm, so we wouldn't need dinner. Also, we finally rolled out of bed around 11am, so what else is there to do on New Years Day? None of us watched football and a Bloody Mary or Mimosa to us was always the best way to start a New Year ( or any Sunday whichever came first).

As, I look at the picture I remember the smell, how bad the food was and Thomas pretty much complaining about the lack of variety, too saucy brunch. He at the time was working out like crazy an watching what he ate. Claudette and I pretty much just wanted to eat and have mimosas. The three of us, had such different relationships to each other, but we certainly loved each other and enjoyed our company.

Claudette and I got through the funeral together and are still very close. My mind keeps bringing me back to the last time we saw Thomas. He was miserable, made us miserable and it wasn't a good way to end it. I cried this morning, for his loss as if it was only yesterday that I got the call. Everyday, I remember or think of something to say to him. At this point in the calender year, I would be planning my trip home for Christmas and when we would get together. Last year, we met at Thomas's on Christmas Eve (right after a deer hit my car), it was so much fun. We played games and talked, laughed and basically had fun.

I miss Thomas so much. I hope he knows that in my heart he will always be missed and loved.

No comments: