Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where were you? September 11, 2001 - It has been 6 years, but I can still remember that day as if it was yesterday. I was working at the "Inn at Mystic" in Mystic, CT, an there was a group in house having a meeting. My boss called New York at 8:45am to check on our Wedding Show for February an make sure we were all set with the application. All of a sudden, Debra (boss) yells, Paula go turn on a TV right this minute, an was just screaming which was not normal. I was like what channel? Every channel will have it, Have what?

Before, she could answer me, I was standing in front of the TV in one of the guest rooms an saw the 2nd plane hit the World Trade Center, I thought I was just seeing a replay. Then, I ran down stairs an interrupted my clients meeting, they were looking at me as if I was the Devil, How dare I interrupt them. I said, You may want to see this an turned on the TV hidden in the wall, I said, we are being attacked. This group was from all over the world for a week long conference at the Mystic Marriott, and we were only their 1 day off property meeting.

I did not really realize I had said, we are being attacked or why I said it. At this point I just knew even if the news reports were not saying it. The meeting continued but my roommate Thomas called me an demanded I come home, he was not coping well. I left, my boss had a friend who is usually on that flight as a flight attendant out of Boston, but she was home that day, for whatever reason. I went home an Thomas an I sat on the couch all day, watching the coverage, I felt as if my whole world would never be the same. My homeland was being attacked for what reason? When the towers fell, it was as if my stomach had dropped out of me. We cried and yelled at the TV!!

My birthday was the next day and my boyfriend Seth had arranged for us to fly around the World Trader Center. He came over an brought us food and sat with us, we were huddled around the TV not believing what were seeing. It was a surreal day.

Seth an Thomas are gone now, Seth died November 2006 and Thomas a few weeks ago, we supported each other through many things over the year, but that day was one of the hardest. I will never forget Thomas an Seth, an will never forget SEPTEMBER 11, 2001. Today, it has been 6 years, never forget the people who died in the Towers an the Rescue Workers who were trying to save people, who lost their lives and the families they all left behind. Take a moment out of your busy day today, and say a little prayer for them.

Say a pray for ourselves and realize as USA we are never completely safe from other forces trying to take us down. We will Survive and Thrive, which is the best revenge.

No comments: