Monday, April 09, 2007

I hope everyone had a nice Easter Weekend, due to my husband working on Saturday's our only day off together is Sundays and we are both very selfish about our time together. We usually do not make any plans except with each other on Sunday's due to our limited time off together.

Yesterday, we got up early went grocery shopping, believe it or not I do love to do this chore as long as it is together, we enjoy going up an down the aisles an figuring out what we can spend an our meals for the week. Due to he is the cook, I just give suggestions and he figures out how to make the item.

We took a long nap in the afternoon, then he made Lamb for our Easter dinner, it was so much fun, we drank a little wine ( today, my stomach is a bit quesy from too much wine). Watched stupid videos all day, there was nothing on regular TV an this way we can shut it off and still go back to the story line if we feel like it. I did talk to my family, Maine I guess had gotten 14 inches of snow on Saturday, so even though it was chilly down here in North Carolina it is better without snow.

Today, I was reading my paper on line you should know by now I mean the New London Day, and was so upset, a person I know crashed into a cop car due to DWI, the worst thing was she had her 9 year old daughter in the car at the time, are you crazy and it was 10am? I feel bad that she crashed luckily everyone is ok, but what could possible be that terrible that you would be drunk at 10am? My heart goes out to her an her family. It makes you thankful for what we all have instead of dwelling on what we don't have. It is hard for me to grasp that sometimes when I am whining about not having enough money to buy a new outfit, when I look at other people's problems mine are nothing compared to them. I do have to tell myself not to be so selfish.

No comments: