Sunday, April 25, 2010


This is my hometown, Norwich CT. Last week, Norwich lost William Stanley, and he loved his hometown of Norwich. He wrote a column in the local papers called, "Once upon a time" and a story from his life and lives of people from Norwich were always the theme.

I had met Mr. Stanley a few times in my life in Norwich, my parents were very active in the politics of Norwich., my family owned a business in Norwich for years, and everyone knew him. I used to love to read his columns when I was away from Home, I have (1) of his books, it brings it back to me.

This past weekend, my sisters mentioned that one of her friends in Avon, CT where my sister has lived for about 20 years, had just met someone Lynne went to grade school with, my mother was in Mystic and the firemen were called to the house, and the firefighter mentioned he knew me from Norwich.

Norwich, is a small town, it may not seem it but everyone either knows you, or knows someone you know. When I moved her to Wolfeboro one of the first person I met was from Preston an knew alot of the boys, I knew from Preston (Preston boys were hot!) and then I met someone else in town, who's family is from Norwich, and I actually dated his younger brother and his sister was a good friend in high school. How small is the world or just how small is my hometown.

I don't go back that often these days, but Norwich will always be in my heart. My heart and wishes go out to William Stanley's, he was a wonderful man.

No comments: