Thursday, August 28, 2008

This weekend at the Resort, is a very high maintence destination wedding. I have been getting myself sick stressing about it, even though they have a wedding planner, I am very nervous. Luckily, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate for Sunday.

Last weekend, I had (2) Weddings and they both went perfectly, and the weather was perfect. The only hiccup was the groom from Sunday's wedding, he was 24 years old, and could not handle his booze. The wedding ended at 10pm, and at 11pm he told my boss he ruined his wedding because the bartender was being responsible and shut people off, give me a break.. What got me was the Groom kept saying, " I spent $20,000 here and you should make an exception." EXCUSE ME, I did not see your name on any of the checks, you paid nothing your in-laws did and I planned the wedding with the mother of the bride in less than 6 months, so get over yourself.

He then lost his "Prada' Sunglasses and was more upset by that fact, part of me thinks he is too young to get married, but it is what it is.

This years weddings are almost over, after this weekend, I only have (4) Left, and next weekend is a high maintence bride, and the following weekend for my birthday the groom has already informed me he is a "Groomzilla", why do people think it is fun to try to make someone feel less than themselves? I work very hard at pleasing each bride, and I get stressed out making it come together for their special day, but if (1) thing goes wrong they freak out...

People spend way too much money on (1) Day, I realize that is awful since I make my living selling and working weddings, but I am amazed at how much money the bridal industry generates. When I started weddings 20 something years ago $40.00 a plate was alot, now they are more over the top then every before, and I can not stand spoiled people, who whine to their parents when they can not get what they want.

Example, yesterday, I was on the phone with a woman from NYC, who could not understand how no hair salons are open on Sunday of labor day, she needs her hair blown out for the wedding. You are in Maine, not New York give it up... The bride is upset because from today - Sunday the Hair dresser she hired for her hair can not fit her in for her 3rd trail run because the bride has decided she doesn't like the last one. Give it up, we have a life besides your wedding, which makes me wonder have you even thought of the marriage or just the "perfect wedding"?

Do people think that the "perfect wedding" will make the perfect marriage, do they even think after the wedding? When I got married my husband and I went to counseling beforehand and then read books and we work at our marriage. Oh, and no wedding is ever perfect, to me a successful wedding is when they bride and groom think it is perfect and do not know any of the mini-crisis that might have taken place.

No comments: