Monday, August 04, 2008

I will admit, I am not what you would call "outdoorsy", I love any type of activity on water, waterskiing, tubing, swimming, boating etc, but that is the extend of my outdoor activity.

This weekend, we went to NH to spend the evening with my Cousin Christina and her husband Jeff on Lake Winnipesaukee, they own a summer home on Rattlesnake Island. It was a celebration of Christina's "40" Birthday, her friends from Boston came up, it was soo much fun.. My husband and I went to LL Bean last weekend, and bought ourselves a tent and other camping items for the wekend.

In order to get to the Cabin, we have to drive up to the dock and have them come over with the boat to pick us up, and you would think we were moving in with all our 'stuff', everything you need to stay outdoors. It was a lot of fun, we were on the lake most of the day, tubing (EXCITING) the water was choppy, so it made it even more exciting, my husband had never been tubing before but he seemed to enjoy himself especially when he and I were in the tube together, and I swear he was trying to knock us over..

By 7pm it was downpouring and Our tent held up beautifully, all we need for our next camp out is a air mattress or foam something, my back still hurts from sleeping on the ground, but I did not hate it, I may never camp out in the woods, I need a bathroom close by, preferable a shower too, but I can live without as long as bathrooms are close by.

I will go camping again, most likely not until October or November, due to work right now, but I can tell you we are going back to LL Bean in a few more weeks to get sleeping bags and cushions for under it, I did not complain at all, and the husband was so sweet on our way home, he took me to Sandy Point's in Alton, NH for Lobster dinner ( i think so he would not have to cook when we got home), and said, it was a treat for me sleeping in a tent with no complaints.

My last camp out was April 2003, and it was a disaster, this went so much better. I admit I can be a bit much sometimes, so I may not be "outdoorsy" but I am willing to try almost anything.

I would reccommend Lake Winnipeasukee to anyone who likes lakes and fun, there is so much to do, you can rent jet skis, etc. As we were kayaking on Sunday morning, I felt like we were in an add for New England in the summertime, it really is magical to enjoy New England in the summer. I am looking forward to the fall, which has always been my favorite time of year in New England. Especially since the rest of August, my husband and I will be working 6 days a week because of Weddings here at the Resort.

Enjoy your summer it goes way too fast.. Only 3 more months of the resort being open for the season, it certainly goes way too fast...

No comments: