Friday, August 03, 2012

Gabby Douglas

Last night, I watched the Olympics, and was so impressed with Gabby Douglas. I could not stay awake to see if she took the Gold, which we all know by now she did.  Congratulations to Gabby!  This girl who is just 16 has so much concentration it was incredible to watch.

It must be overwhelming to be participating in your chosen sport in front of the World and to be so young and to keep it together to reach your dreams!  I always love watching the Olympics but for me it is Swimming ( my sport) and Gymnastics which I was awful at, all I could do was the vault and not very well, my sister was on the Gymnastics team and I always am amazed on the Beam.

Really, a little skinny beam and do flips on it and not fall off REALLY?   Who invented this balance beam and said now fly off of it and land in one movement? Torture to me, but she made it look so easy.. 

I just want to say, so glad to be an American and to watch such a glorious performance by such a young girl.

No comments: