Thursday, June 26, 2008

Work has been crazy, our chef left, which left the resort in a bit of a frenzy. That was a week ago, and we are back on track, it is hard because the kitchen staff is standing up and trying to replicate what the chef had put in to place, and I respect all they are doing. Our Chef was a talented man, but he has a Type A personality and does not take can't do, won't do or not possible at this time, well.

He expects the best from everyone and himself, I do understand that, and respect him for his ability, I hope he is happy with his decision and will pursue his own business, which I think is what he needs to do, not everyone can work for other people. My husband can do it if need be, but he prefers to work for himself.

My husband has now signed on at the resort as our new Banquet Manager I think that is his title. I am nervous about him and I working together, both our paychecks tied up in the same company, and the fact after Nov. 1 his job will be gone until next season.

He is trying to get his web business to generate more money for us, I have complete faith in his ability to make his own business a success, but I still get really nervous and scared. Especially, with how the economy looks so bleak, and gas prices keep going up and up. Last weekend, we went to CT for a family function but with gas prices so expensive, I believe that will be our only trip down there this summer.

My summer is going to be tied up at the resort, and when Nov hits I will enjoy the down time, but by January I will wish we were open. This is my first full season here, and my first working a seasonal property.

No comments: