Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I feel very old.. This weekend at the Resort we had a high maintenance wedding with events starting on Friday and going right through until Sunday. I was also Manager on Duty from 4pm on Friday - 11am on Sunday. It was a bit much, luckily the weather did not turn until Sunday, so Saturday was beautiful. The wedding group, behaved themselves, which is a plus.

Actually, when we closed the Pub on Saturday night, it was just the older folks still there talking the younger crowd had gone to bed or at least back to their rooms around 11:30pm. The Kitchen staff and banquets did and amazing job, as the Father of the Bride, said, anything I could control was wonderful, at least 2 of his vendors did not work out, the Florist and the DJ.

The worse part was they had 7 speeches after the bride told me about 4, so it pushed dinner back, which cut into their dance time, she was so cute and apologized to me, I thought that was sweet.

Running around, and trying to be there for everyone is exhausting, my husband and I finished breakfast came home slept until 4pm, went to dinner and then to see the movie "Sex and the City", so my next movie is going to be Indiana Jones. Did anyone notice that MUMMY 3 is coming out 8-1-08 I can not wait..I loved having date night with my husband after a long weekend at work. This weekend we are going to CT for my nephew Michael's high school graduation and my husband is doing the cooking. We catered my neice Lauren's graduation party 3 years ago, so it is kind of a tradition now. My next wedding at work is not until July 4th weekend YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Turner Publishing said...

Sorry to leave this as a comment, but I didn't see an email address.


I promise I’m not spam. I’m the Marketing Manger for Turner Publishing.

I’m going around to all local bloggers and freelancers to let them know about our new book, the Historic Photos of Winston-Salem by Wade Dudley. We’d love to send you a complimentary copy of one or both for possible review consideration on your blog. This title is done in a large 10x10 format and all images represent rare or never before seen photos of Winston-Salem. We’re trying to get the word out to local folks, so I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our books!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Rachel Joiner
Marketing Manager
rjoiner@turnerpublishing.com
www.turnerpublishing.com