Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I am sick as a dog.. I went home early last Saturday, and my lips have blown up. When I get stressed my lips look like a bad version of Mick Jagger lips, except mine bleed always attractive.

My first wedding of the season is this Saturday, I am trying not to be worried, that we do not have a fully staffed Banquet Department, luckily it is a small wedding, but still a wedding, we will see how it flows. As long as the client does not realize anything is wrong, that is when a wedding is a success for myself.

My chef has informed me he and his wife have gone through the BEO's and are still having issues with them, I want them to bring them to my attention so we are all on the same page. I am a perfectionist about by BEO's, so if something does not work for them, let me know and I will change that for them. There seems to be a bit of tension between the chef and my associate in the sales department. I have told them both to talk to each other, and not put me in the middle.

Our chef is so passionate about the food and making the resort a success, he may come off abrupt sometimes, but we need to be able to explain our BEO's and it must be simple for them to read and comprehend. He really does not have time to hunt us down and ask questions, so we have to be clear and concise on the BEO's and maybe things are falling through the cracks, but we have to work as a team to make it a success, I do not like being in the middle and think our director and gm, should get involved and talk to them both.

My assistant is back today, and I am so excited to go through everything with her, hopefully, I can book more with this new system..

I will let you know what is going on after the first wedding. I hope it is a sunny day..

No comments: