Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This weekend is my nephew's graduation from High School. I think my sister was worried it may never happen, so as my earlier post they are throwing him a huge party on Saturday, June 21. I am so excited to see my family, especially with the price of gasoline these days we may not get back down to CT the rest of the summer.

Work is crazy right now, we had a bit of drama yesterday, but it nice to see everyone pull together to make it a success. We will be fine, it is just the first few days, when things happen you stop think and then react.

I have been thinking alot of why I got into this business and how come I have lasted so long, and what I have seen. It is amazing if people only knew what happens in restaurants, hotels and resorts behind the scenes to make their events, stays a success people would be amazed. I have decided to start writing my book (again) but this time, on a subject, I have been aware of and part of since 1985. Even now, remembering my first day on the job, I realized it was in my blood, I do love the uncertainty and the feeling of elation after a job well done.

I have been in the "weeds" thinking will this night never end, I have had people yell at me, for things I can not control, but in the end it always comes together and it will now. People have to realize none of these businesses ever rely on only
(1) person, and everyone is replaceable.

No comments: