Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello, it has been a while since I have written, and for that I am sorry. Work has been so busy, this is the time of year when brides have just gotten engaged and now they are booking their weddings.

My phone and Emails have been going crazy for the last two weeks, in between I got sick and was out one day, then I fell down the stairs in my house and was out another day for that, plus I did the wedding show in Portland Maine, last weekend. BUSY!! Sometimes, when people say they are too busy to respond, I have to wonder are they?

Today, has been a tough day, I have been negotiating with a Mother of the Bride (MOB) whose daughter fell in love with our property over the weekend. Mom wants the best deal which I completely understand but people have to realize this is a business for us, and even though we want the business, it has to be profitable for each person. No matter, which property I have been working on, there are always a give and take situations. I had to get my General Manager involved in this one, even though he agreed with me, sometimes people just need to hear it from someone above the sales person.

So, now I am starting to read "Little Red Book of Selling" by Jeffrey Gitomer. The reason is this, I have been doing this for 15 years, and even though I always keep up with the latest wedding trends, I may get a bit lazy in my approach to clients and need a refresher every now and then. These books are out there for that extra help or just to remind a sales person not to skip any of the steps. This book, I have had Directors and General Manager's who in the past have talked about this peticular book and my husband believes in this book.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by my own self-doubt, even though I know I am good at my job working with the brides and making their day special, every now and then you get a client who shakes you to your core. Does anyone else every feel that way?

No comments: