Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am reading "Time Magazine" January 28, 2008 issue. I do not usually read Time but an article caught my eye, called " The Science of Romance", I read the first part of why people mate, basically it is all to have children. I do not believe this, even though my husband and I would love to have children, it does not seem in the cards for us, we have come to terms with it.

I have now moved on to the next Article, Why we Flirt? I side note to this: When I was in High School ( Many years ago) I was named Class Flirt out of a graduating class of 620 kids. I admit, I enjoy flirting, and it seems now that I am married, I love it even more, especially knowing nothing will every come from it, but every woman likes to know men find you attractive. My husband is also a big flirt, and when we go out, we enjoy our time apart at parties. We even look for each other and across a room give each other a look, like I know what you are doing and when we get home it will be more fun. It is like foreplay for us.

Do you still flirt? Do you do it well? Is it verbal or physical? Do you tilt your head, do you stand in a certain way, or even just stare at the other person's eyes? It really is and art form, some people are better at it than others. For me it has always come pretty easy. I feel out of my league when we are at a party of 20 years old and their skills seem more calculated then mine every were. There is Dark Side to Flirting:
When it can become harassment, stalking or worse. You have to be very careful, because you may be just having fun and the other person will take it way too far. Now a days, there is on-line flirting, email and text make it easier for people to become someone else then who they are in person. It can become dangerous.

Flirting can be fun, just watch out for what the other person is actually perceiving from your actions.

No comments: