Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am sick yet again!! We have lived in Maine since October 2007, and I have already been sick no less than 3x, what is that? This time, I am stuffed up, my voice sounds like Kathleen Turner with a Cold, which would not be bad, if when you start my voice didn't already sound like Demi Moore. Yes, I have a deep throaty voice to begin with and add a cold, with sinus issues and it is as if I should be on a #900 number.

I always get colds every year, but this year, everytime I am sick it knocks me out for atleast 2 or 3 days. I have a huge weekend coming up, going to Boston to do the Bayside Bridal Show, just what potential brides want to deal with a sick wedding planner. I left work at 1pm on Tuesday and called out sick yesterday, so this morning I had messages to return, contracts to settle etc.. I hate being sick! I really dislike having to come back after being out and seeing work pile up, why is it no one else takes responibility when someone it out sick? I always check my co-workers phone messages, and respond to them even if it is to say, "So and so is out sick and will not being getting back to you until..." Usually, I can help them, but if I can't they seem to appreciate a heads up of why they are not being responded back to right away. Let's face it everyone wants and instant response. Especially, in this day and age of email.

So, hopefully I will be better for the weekend in Boston. My husband is excited because he gets to go to his favorite store at the Prudential Shops, Levenger on Saturday. Its my treat since he is driving me down there, and helping me set up my booth.

No comments: