Thursday, January 14, 2010

Work has been busy lately. It is a great busy, but sometimes I do get overwhelmed. I did think about changing my job to the Front Desk Manager but the money is less, sometimes the brides can be a bit overwhelming and I have done this for 15 years, and I think I really need another route in the business. I need to be challenged more, and I love hospitality. I really like the Wolfeboro Inn and the hospitality company I work for, I was just thinking it might make me more rounded, but after talking to the higher ups, it might not be the best.

I can not really afford the pay cut, but I would handle it, if I thought they had faith in me doing the position. I really am ok with everything happening, but you get to a place in your career and your life and you wonder if something else would work better for your lifestyle. During wedding season, you are working so many more hours then the winter, but in the winter you are preparing for the season so it really does not always feel as if you can ever have a break. I come home and still think of work, it is hard to shut down.

No comments: