Friday, December 18, 2009

Why do I always seem to be scrambling at the end right before Christmas? I have the bulk done, I still need (3) Gifts for employees, and (1) Friend, and stocking stuffers for the husband, it may not seem like a lot, except for the fact, I am working everyday until I leave to go down to CT, which is Wednesday, Dec. 23, I might take tomorrow morning off and go shopping.

I have to work tomorrow night, I have and event here, unless I can con the tavern manager ( husband) into watching the event and take the whole day off. That would be great if that can happen then I can finish up and not stress out.

It is not as if it sneaks up on me, Christmas is the same day every year, why? I have no clue!! I am not the only one either. The husband has part of his presents for his staff, but it is still missing something, and I have asked him and got no response.

Other than this little stress, looking forward to Christmas this year, going down to CT and the in-laws are coming out for the holiday from Illnois, so it will be so much fun. Will see friends while down in CT and spend quality time with family, not working YEAH!! Thanksgiving was a bit stressful with working and trying to entertain family.

Definately going to have a "white christmas' here in New England, it is soooo cold here in NH, the wind it what is making it so chilly, Sunday, at work should be fun it is the Open House/Re-opening celebration of the hotel and I am working the Craft table with the kiddies making ornaments, I love that stuff. It is definately one of the fun parts of my job.

I hear so many interns want to do my job, believe me it can be fun, dont' get me wrong but it can be very stressful having someone's wedding in your hands, it is their most important day, you may have done 1,000 times but they haven't and you have to be patient with the same stress different brides. It can sometimes get overwhelming, also be able to think on your feet, as long as the bride never knows what happened behind the scenes, and you were able to fix the issue, then it is a success.. I see these young girls and they think I want your job, without realizes everything that goes into the job. You are part sales person, part therapist and part work horse, be prepared to work harder then you ever have before and sometimes with no "thank you" but you know you have done everything you could and more you have to be satisfied with that within your self or you will drive yourself crazy..

No comments: