Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I just got home from an After Hours Chamber event, it was at a Flower shop and was pretty good until it got really crowded, and hot. I only stayed about an hour, I realize these events are for networking, but it is the worse part of my job. I do not like to network, it is amazing how boring and how I forget how to talk at these things.

Sometimes I can be shy, which anyone who knows me is laughing right now, I may not always seem it but I can be really shy when I feel uncomfortable. When I got home and went on Facebook, I saw so many pictures from my home town. I grew up in Norwich,CT and it is not really the most exciting place but it is also not very rural either.

I was at a Career Day at the local high school this week, and I was remembering when I was in high school, all I wanted to do was get out of Norwich and see the world. I have traveled but really have only lived between Norwich, Mystic, Hartford CT then in 2005 after I got married my husband and I moved to NC then to ME and now in NH, it really is not that far, but I feel it was right for me.

I love Facebook, I see what old friends are doing and people I do wonder what ever happened to people. It is fun to see what people are doing now, and to see if they have lived up to what it says under their high school photo. Mine did not, I wanted to be a journalist and newspaper reporter, of course if you read my blog you see I am not a great writer but I am enthusatic.

No comments: