Saturday, October 10, 2009

As I sit here on a Saturday night, I worry about the husband and work ok. The husband has hurt himself, he sprained his ankle and is now on crutches. I do not think he has ever been on crutches before, and it was quite amusing watching him try to maneuver. It also, made me feel superior for once in our whole relationship, I knew something he didn't, it may be childish but still made me feel good.

I have sprained both my ankles at least 3x each, I have broken my toe twice, and then of course there is my knee. So, I have been on crutches many times. The last time was at least 10 years ago and they were made of wood, or a wood like substance and they were heavy. Now, they are made of aluminum, and very light.

You realize as you get older that it is not so easy or fast to recover from any injury. We do not have health insurance but since he hurt himself at work, they are paying for it.

No comments: