Sunday, July 27, 2008

Well its Sunday morning and I am not happy. My boss at work has decided that my husband needs to work Sunday Morning until 1pm, because the day manager, and the f & b director are off on Sunday mornings. I know it is right, since the husband was last hired, but Sunday is our day. I was resigned that for the summer we would only have 1 day off together, because he picked up Monday's 3 weeks ago to give the F&B a full day off.

The fact is the husband and I are very selfish with our Sunday's and have been since we met, it was always "OUR" day together, even if we are just staying in all day, it is just us. When we go visiting friends and family, and stay over on Sunday we leave as early as possible just to have us. I would never tell the big boss "GM", he is inconsiderate because it is for the best of the business and the guests at the resort, but that does not mean I have to like it.

When I first heard it, I thought if it is only for breakfast that is fine, but no he has to work until 1pm and make sure the lunch in the restaurant starts off well, and is fine then he can leave. Anyone in the restaurant business will tell you it is never as black and white as your schedule says, you stay until the rush is gone..

We have not seen much of each other since Tuesday, he is on nights mostly,and I keep telling myself the Sunday thing is really only until September (Ithink), ironically starting August 10, we will both we working Sunday's I have weddings booked anyway, so we are both going to be there. Next Sunday, we are going to be in NH for my cousins house, and that will be our last SUnday together for awhile. Granted I realize the resort is only open 3 more months..

Do you ever miss your significant other even though you live together? Does it make any sense? I know the husband is working really hard to build our empire so he does not have to work outside the home. I have to what would I do with my time if I was not working?

No comments: