Sunday, March 03, 2013

Yesterday, we looked at 2 different apartments. I really want the 2nd one, and in order to do that, the husband knows and is trying to get a job. It does mean we are in the hotel until March 20th or so.  That is a long time fo be in one room.   This move is so much harder than I thought it would be, tonight it is 5pm and I am working until 11pm. I am MOD.

Yes, the beginning of my 3rd week on the job and I am covering a MOD shift.  This is not making me happy or even  feel as if I am learning anything. Tomorrow I must have a sit down discussion with my DOS/M and find out what exactly my role is here on the property.

I feel as if she thinks I am a glorified CSM, and that is not what I was told during the interview process. there is no job descriptions which I understand, but I need to know what is expected of me and the role I will be fulfilling here.

I have many ideas and I want to implement them the number 1 being getting on the road and trying to build relationships with local businesses!!  I realize everyone is busy but unless we get out there, the leads will eventually stop and we need to plan for that not to happen.

I just want to be a success and useful in this position not taken advantage of , by only having the title but not the responsiblities that I really crave.  I may not like the MOD shift on a Sunday night, but at least I can see the property and how it works and introduce myself to the evening shift people who I do not see all that often. 

I believe in this property and the company, I just want to make sure I am doing what they intended for my role to be and if  I have to act like a bulldog with a bone until someone hears me I will do that too.  It is about the company nothing personal..

No comments: