Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ok, so on Monday evening, my husband swore he had his last cigarette an he wanted me to throw out the ashtrays, but in my heart of hearts I knew it was going to take awhile.  Last night, he had a breakdown and was a complete "dick" to me, I had to drive him to the store to pick up cigarettes, he always thought he could quit anytime but after 20 years of smoking not so easy on your own.

I hate that he smokes and want him to get healthy, but unless he is doing it for himself he can never quit. You have to want to do it for yourself not for me.  I know I need to lose weight but until I am willing to do the work and commit to it for Me! It is so not going to happen.

I realize it is so tough, and saw it in him the last few nights he would go to bed early to not deal with the antsy feeling!  He now is trying to wean himself off of the cigarettes, we will have to wait and see if it happens. I believe he can do it, but he needs to want to do it, not keep saying he is doing it for me.

No comments: