Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On our way back to New Hampshire, I drove the husband to one of my favorite beaches, in Rhode Island. I used to come here every Jan. 1 and when Thomas died I came here, when my relationship with Scott ended I came here. This spot always made me feel calm. I wanted to finally go for a wonderful reason and show Stephen.  It was a beautiful day Dec 26, 2011 , a bit chilly but gorgeous, we walked on the rocks and I took this picture from the beach..

Well, 2011 is ending in 3 days and 2012 begins, it seems so unbelievable to me that 2012 is here, when I graduated from High School in 1982, it seemed so far away and unfathomable to think about it. Now, it is upon us and of course, makes you reflect what has happened in your life time.

Technology is a big part of changes, kids today all have cellphones, and computers. On Christmas Eve I was sitting with the young kids 4-22, and they are all sitting there on their separate phones, twitting, texting, facebook not really talking to each other. I had my cellphone with me then thought I should put it away to enjoy the family.   Growing up at these family functions we talked, laughed and no one was on their phone, has technology taken away communication in the normal way?

Even at work- my clients don't really call me everything is done via email. Even for weddings, it is easier for them to email a question and they can do it while at work and not have to explain why they need the answer right away to their boss.  Seems so impersonal sometimes and you have to keep checking when you send an email to not come off wrong, so hard. Things can get interpreted differently on line then on the phone.




No comments: