Wednesday, February 09, 2011


So, work has been crazy for my husband, it seems even when he is not at work, he is stressing about it, and then the phone rings. This past weekend, we did nothing really, I was trying to get him to relax. Well, yesterday, he had a huge meeting with all his supervisors and the big boss, and I could tell it did not go well.
He came home from work after 12 hours around 9pm, and looked exhausted, and defeated, he would not talk to me about it, one of his supervisors came to me and asked if he was ok.. I of course, called him immediately to find out how he was, today will be only a 10 hour day for him, easy right?

I have not been happy in my job for quite awhile, but willing to stay and make it work since he loves where we live and I admit it is fun, knowing your neighbors, walking to town and being part of the community, but I am so worried about the husband!! Sometimes it is so hard working together when I want him to stay to keep the load off of me, but the other part wants him happy! I told him, if he wants for us to look for other positions or other places to let me know, his response was I love this town. I understand that, but we are in the middle of nowhere, so there is no other work in this town.
I am so confused about what we should do, for me, I want my career to move forward, I have been stuck as a CSM for so long and want a director job and wouldn't feel right leaving for the same position I am in right now, because I would be in the same boat and struggling.. We have moved so much since we got married, this is the first time, we are working on 2 years, today it is 2 years since we moved and I started my job here.

For me the importance is my husand's well being, physical and mental, so if I have to move again I will, he just is trying to stick it out, and I feel guilty he originally took this job to make my job easier and it is so hard to watch things unfold here, this place is unique and harder than any other place I have ever worked. These are just my thoughts..

No comments: