Thursday, June 17, 2010

Its the Floodtide Restaurant at the Inn at Mystic. I worked here for so many years, and it was fun, exciting, tiring, stressful but for me it was home. I became friends with the people there, and we bonded, and built friendships and more. I met a man there within the first few days that I started, and it ended up in a 5 year whirlwind relationship. It did end because of his cheating, but it had to end for us both to go on and see where life would take us. I met my (2) best friends there, Thomas who I love beyond belief, we lived together for a few years, had some wonderful "floodtide" parties, and when you are in the restaurant business, you have no idea how close you become. My other was Claudette, who even to this day, we are very close. When my relationship fell apart we became friends and started traveling together it was incredible. We went to Hawaii, Antigua, Miami, Key West, Aruba it was so much fun traveling, now that I am married I miss how close we were, but we still get together alot. When I miscarried in Jan. 2006 she flew to NC to spend time with me and make sure I was ok, that is a true friend..

Lately, on facebook people from my Floodtide days have come out and commented on each others account, it is so much fun... I think if you are or have been in the business, should read "Waiters Rant" so many times it is incredible accurate for us who have been or still in the business.

I miss the fun we had at the "Flood Tide" but when I look back at it, I smile even as I write this, I remember how hard we would work on a Saturday night, and then our parties, remember sitting down after working 12 hours on Thanksgiving then having dinner, all together it was fun.

No comments: