Saturday, December 29, 2012

It is that time of year again, New Years Eve! What the we call "amateur" night in the Restaurant business, because a lot of people that go out on NYE this is the only night of the year, they go out and they feel they need to make the most of it. It is rare that I go out on this day, in 2004 my husband now but was fiance then went to the "Yantic River Inn" in Norwich, CT and had so much fun.

I had won $100 the night before and we were going to blow it, which was so hard. Dinner, Dancing, glass of champagne was $40.00 per couple and a bottle of Wine was $20, so we left the rest for a tip.  The band not so good, but fun to watch, we dressed up, we were 39 and 35 respectfully and the youngest people in the place.   The Husband danced with all the women, and received plenty of kisses at Midnight, we really had a great time.  Since, then we have either had people in or we have had to work. 

This year, I will be working until about 8pm, and then we will have a big dinner at home, and I am sure be in bed before Midnight.   What will everyone out there be doing?

I have been thinking about the last year, it has been a bit tougher than we anticipated, the husband's business has been slow going, the economy does not help, with starting a home based business, I know he is working really hard at it, and I want it to be successful.  I sometimes resent that I have to go out to work, but we talked about this, it is just prices keep going up and I am at the same pay I was in 2009, so it is harder than I thought it would be.  We did pay off the Car loan in November, and of course that means things start to go wrong with the car.  We had to replace the battery, and today, the brakes, and 4 new tires. On the other hand the car is a 2005 and we have had it since 2006 and have never had to put anything besides regular  maintenance in the car, so once all of these are fixed we should be all set, we do need an inspection and registered by 12/31.

My New Years Resolution is to be more optimistic ! Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: