Sunday, March 06, 2011

Next weekend my whole family is coming, it seems every time we get together is it either bitter cold or snowy not nice weather, why is that? We are celebrating my mom's 70th birthday, it also happens to be our 6th wedding anniversary, which have chosen to celebrate at the end of the month. I am of course, worried, nervous when the family comes to visit, I feel my life is now under a microscope, and I never seem to live up to any one's expectations.

Do we ever really feel like an adult when your with people who have known you your whole life, have seen you celebrate life's accomplishment, life's failures and disappointments. I love my family and am better when we are in their homes, but to come to NH and see my life and work, it scares me as if I should be doing something more in my life.

Ironically, I do love my life, the husband and I are a real team, we enjoy our time together and maybe way too selfish about it, but we cherish just 'us' time. We love to sit and read, do some work but still be together, we love to go on little road trips and unexpected overnights. Living right near the Inn, we sometimes feel as if need to get out of town, even if just for 1 night or 1 day.

Tomorrow will be cleaning the house, errands to get ready for the weekend, they all arrive on Friday..

No comments: