Thursday, July 10, 2008

The other night when I was outside watching the fireflies light up the night air, I realized how wonderful it really is here on the Coast of Maine in the summertime. For me the only real downfall is the ocean water, it is freezing... I am thinking by the end of August it might be warm enough to swim, but you just never know.

We have been here 9 months, and watched the seasons change from Fall, to the long winter, wonderful spring and now summertime. I know I will be reflective yet again when summer fades into autumn. For me autumn always means change and new beginnings, even more so than January 1. When you were younger it meant school was about to start, and since you pretty much go to school for about 18 years, it really sets in your head that autumn is a time for change and newness. Even in the last 3 years, we have moved in the fall.

This year, I am looking forward to my August weddings being behind me and planning our trip out to Wisconsin for the wedding of my sister in law, and then our March trip to New Orleans. Work is work, but I heard something on a Lifetime TV movie last night, I have always known this but for some reason it stayed in my head. "Living to Work is no life". I pretty much have been trying to do that for about 4 years, then I feel guilty for not doing enough at work, but my quality of life is better when I work to live not live to work. I was a workalcholic for years, no matter what if I had to work 16 hours a day because the hotel/restaurant needed me, not anymore. I will fill in & help out if needed, but not everyday.

So, enjoy your summer it will be gone soon enough.

No comments: